Thursday, March 17, 2016

About Me


What do you need to know about me to enjoy my blog and Christian material? I am "Poppo" to my fourteen grandchildren, "Freder" to my wife of 40+ years and family of 4 children and their 4 spouses (I consider them all our children!), and Jim Fredericks by birth. I want to make a difference in people's lives.

I am blogging with two aims. Primarily, my heart's desire is to come alongside to train, equip and release the "80%" in the Christian church who may be under-utilized in their Christian life. I believe a fresh view of our relational Trinity and the incarnation of Jesus makes a huge difference in our engagement. God is stirring you to more ("magus") with our God on His epic adventure. Secondarily, what I blog and the material I provide free of charge will also give leaders nuggets they can add to their own and further develop.

I run into many authentic believers in Jesus Christ who have disqualified themselves. The Father, Son and Spirit say we are competent to partner with Him in His epic adventure to win the lost and disciple all people groups. Our playing "small" helps no one. I want to be a catalyst for LifeChange and for us to be Jesus' hands and feet and heart out in the world where the Father is actively working. The desire for change must come from within you, although others, like me can come alongside as flesh-&-blood catalysts for the transformation our Team-of-Three long to bring about.

I'm equally comfortable in the work world, Christian world and academic world. My 40+ year career has weaved in and out between the secular and sacred (although I make no distinction!) as a manager and accountant in the business world, and as a pastor, missionary and adjunct prof as a Christian professional. My heart is particularly stirred for those in the work world. Recently I heard pastor Jay Pathok say: "You have heard the saying, '20% of the people do 80% of the work in the church,' usually just before a passionate request for workers. I got to thinking. It's right that 20% of the people do 80% of the work within the church because the other 80% should be sent to their natural relationships in the work-place, bringing the light and presence of  Jesus." Much of what I have written is with this end in mind, be a catalyst for the 80% to realize the joy and satisfaction in their call "to be sent into the world without being the same as the world."

What is your God-given assignment?  I invite you to explore this website and download any of the free resources you find helpful. I desire is to make a difference. Let me know how I can help. If you are looking for more, perhaps you would like to visit by website at JimFredericks.com

Jim Fredericks

No comments:

Post a Comment